Ubiquity and formation of chronic fatigue in qualified sportsmen
AbstractPurpose: estimation of ubiquity of chronic fatigue among qualified sportsmen of Ukraine in different kinds of sports and determination of specificities of chronic fatigue syndrome’s formation among them. Material: in the research qualified sportsmen of different kinds of sports (n=286) participated. For determination of chronic fatigue degree we used the questionnaire of Leonova. Results: in 104 sportsmen we registered symptoms of chronic fatigue of different degree. Among women symptoms of chronic degree were registered oftener (47.0%), than among men (29.2%). Most of chronic fatigue cases were noticed in swimming, light athletics and football. Formation of chronic fatigue was preceded by certain stages: overtiredness, over tension, over training. In 36.4% of the questioned sportsmen we registered chronic fatigue symptoms of different degree. We offered a model of chronic fatigue and syndrome of chronic fatigue formation in qualified sportsmen. Conclusions: progressing of sportsmen’s chronic fatigue and chronic fatigue syndrome are characterized by gradual appearing of stable or relapsing significant tiredness or by quick tiredness. As a result we can observe reduction of usual activity during long period of time (more than one month).
| Abstract views: 72 | PDF Downloads: 30 |
1. Abdulrahman Alwani. Structural-linguistic approach to assessment of functional states of organism of elite sportsmen, who have symptoms of chronic tiredness. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2015;8:3-8. doi:10.15561/18189172.2015.0801
2. Vinogradov VE. Vnetrenirovochnye sredstva stimuliacii i vosstanovleniia rabotosposobnosti v podgotovke sportsmenov vysokoj kvalifikacii [Extra training means of stimulation and recreation of workability in elite sportsmen’s training]. Vestnik sportivnoj nauki, 2012;5(5):25-29. (in Russian)
3. Gavrilova EA. O sindrome peretrenirovannosti [On syndrome of over training], Fizkul'tura v profilaktike, lechenii i reabilitacii, 2009;2:25-27. (in Russian)
4. Gordon NF. Khronicheskoe utomlenie i dvigatel'naia aktivnost' [Chronic fatigue and motor functioning], Kiev: Olympic Literature; 1999. (in Russian)
5. D'iachenko AIu. Sovershenstvovanie special'noj vynoslivosti kvalificirovannykh sportsmenov v akademicheskoj greble [Perfection of elite sportsmen’s special endurance in academic rowing], Kiev: Slavutich-Dolphin. 2004. (in Russian)
6. Ilyin VM, Koval' SB, Cherkes LI. Chastota proiaviv oznak khronichnoi vtomi u visokokvalifikovanikh sportsmeniv u riznikh vidakh sportu [Frequency of chronic fatigue manifestations in elite sportsmen in different kinds of sports]. Fizichne vikhovannia ta sport u konteksti derzhavnoi programi rozvitku fizichnoi kul'turi v Ukraini, 2014;1:29-32. (in Ukrainian)
7. Komarov SG. Sindrom khronicheskoj ustalosti. Cand. Diss. [Syndrome of chronic fatigue. Cand. Diss.], Moscow; 2008. (in Russian)
8. Leonova AB, Kuznecova AS. Psikhologicheskie tekhnologii upravleniia sostoianiem cheloveka [Psychological technologies of control over state of man], Moscow: Idea; 2009. (in Russian)
9. Loganovskij KI. Sindrom khronicheskoj ustalosti – bolezn' tysiachi naimenovanij [Syndrome of chronic fatigue as disease of thousand names], Ukrains'kij medichnij chasopis, 1998;9-10:6-15. (in Russian)
10. Motylianskaia RE. Diagnostika, profilaktika i lecheniia sostoianiia peretrenirovannosti i fizicheskogo perenapriazheniia u sportsmenov [Diagnosis, prophylaxis and treatment of over training and physical over tension states in sportsmen], Moscow; 1982. (in Russian)
11. Oknin VIu. Problema utomleniia, stressa i khronicheskoj ustalosti [Problem of tiredness, stress and chronic fatigue]. Problema utomleniia, stressa i khronicheskoj ustalosti, 2004;12(5):276-279. (in Russian)
12. Pavlik AI, Driukov SM. Struktura reakcij aerobnoi produktivnosti kvalifikovanikh sportsmeniv v umovakh napruzhenoi m’iazovoi diial'nosti iak osnova ii analizu ta ociniuvannia [The structure of aerobic efficiency reactions in qualified sportsmen in conditions of tensed muscular functioning as the basis of its analysis and estimation]. Aktual'ni problemi fizichnoi kul'turi i sportu, 2005;8-9:52 - 67. (in Ukrainian)
13. Paniotto VI, Maksimenko VS. Kolichestvennye metody v sociologicheskikh issledovaniiakh [Quantitative methods in sociological researches], Kiev; 2003. (in Russian)
14. Platonov V. Peretrenirovannost' v sporte [Over training in sports]. Nauka v olimpijskom sporte, 2015;1:19-34. (in Russian)
15. Stebliuk VV, Burlaka OV. Sindrom khronicheskogo utomleniia – sovremennoe sostoianie problemy [Syndrome of chronic fatigue – modern state of the problem], Medicinskaia reabilitaciia, kurortologiia, fizioterapiia, 2000;4:29-32. (in Russian)
16. Poliaev BA, Makarova GA, Vykhodec IT. Sindrom khronichnoi utomi [Syndrome of chronic fatigue]. Zbirnik statej zi sportivnoi medicini, 2010;4(1):29-31. (in Ukrainian)
17. Bell DS. Chronic fatigue syndrome update. Findings now point to CNS involvement. Postgrad. Med. 1994;96(6):73-76.
18. Berglund B, Safstrom H. Psychological monitoring and modulation of training load of world-class canoeists. Med. and Sci. in Sport and Exercise. 1994;26:1036-1040.
19. Brurberg RG, Fonhus MS, Larun L, Flottorp S, Malterud K. Case definitions for chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) - a systematic review. BMG Open. 2014;4(2):39-73.
20. Goldstein D, Robertson D, Esler M, Straus S, Eisenhofer G. NIH Conference: Dysautonomias: clinical disorders of the autonomic nervous system. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2002;137(9):753-767.
21. Gould D, Greenleaf C, Chung Y. A survey of U.S. Atlanta and Nagano Olympians: Variables perceived to influence performance. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport. 2002;73:175-176.
22. Hooper SL, Mackinnon LT, Howard A. Markers for monitoring overtraining and recovery. Med. and Sci. in Sports and Exercise. 1995;27:106-112.
23. Hyde BM. (Ed.) The clinical and scientific basis of myalgic encephalomyelitis / chronic fatigue syndrome. Nightingale Research Foundation: Ottawa; 1992.
24. Jaffee MS, Winter WC, Jones CC, Ling G. Sleep disturbances in athletic concussion. Brain Injury. 2015;29(2):221-227.
25. Staines DR. Postulated vasoactive neuropeptide autoimmunity in fatigue-related conditions: a brief review and hypothesis. Clin. Dev. Immunol. 2006;81(13):25-39.
26. White PD. Infections, physical inactivity, and enhanced interception may all play a part. Br. Med. J. 2004;329:928-929.
Copyright Holder - Author(s).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms: more