Study of author’s applied physical training program for military officers-graduates of reserve officers’ departments
AbstractPurpose: to test effectiveness of applied physical training program for military officers, called up to military service after graduation from reserve officers’ departments. Material: the research was conducted on the base of Educational center 184 from June 2014 to December 2015. In the research 80 military officers participated (n=30 - graduates of military higher educational establishments; n=26, n=24 - graduates of reserve officers’ departments) of 22-27 years’ age. Results: we fulfilled analysis of military officers’ physical fitness by exercises, which characterize general physical fitness and military applied skills (100 meters’ run, chin ups, 3000 meters’ run, passing obstacles course, grenade throws for distance and for accuracy, 5 km march-rush). We worked out the program, the essence of which implies ensuring of physical fitness and acceleration of reserve officers-graduates’ adaptation to professional (combat) functioning. Conclusions: it was proved that implementation of the author’s program influenced positively on perfection of general physical qualities and military applied skills of military officers-graduated of reserve officers’ departments (р-0.05-0.001).
View Counter: Abstract | 206 | times, Article PDF |
1. Vandenko VV. Fizichna pidgotovka v umovakh antiteroristichnoi operacii [Physical training in conditions of anti-terrorism operation]. Naukovo-metodichna konferenciia, 26–28 listopada 2014 r., m. Kiiv “Fizichna pidgotovka osobovogo skladu Zbrojnikh sil, inshikh vijs'kovikh formuvan' ta pravookhoronnikh organiv Ukraini” [Scientific-methodic conference, November 26-28, 214, Kyiv “Physical training of personnel of Military forces and other military formations and law enforcement forces of Ukraine], Kiev; 2014. P. 52–55. (in Ukrainian)
2. Lojko OM. Istorichna neobkhidnist' formuvannia suchasnoi profesijnoi armii Ukraini 2005 roku. Cand. Diss. [Historical demand in formation of modern professional army of Ukraine 2005. Cand. Diss.], Lviv; 2005. (in Ukrainian)
3. Maglovanyy AV, Boyarchuk AM. Problems and ways of perfection of physical training of junior officers. Pedagogics, Psychology, Medical-Biological Problems of Physical Training and Sports, 2013;1:44-48. doi:10.6084/m9.figshare.106938
4. Mal'cev OO. Fizichna pidgotovka molodogo popovnennia ta shliakhi ii udoskonalennia na pershomu etapi vijs'kovo-profesijnogo navchannia [Physical training of young recruitment and ways of its perfection at first stage of military professional training]. Naukovo-metodichna konferenciia “Fizichna pidgotovka vijs'kovosluzhbovciv”, 29-30 kvitnia 2003 r., m. Kiiv [Scientific-methodic conference “Physical training of military officers”, April 29-30, 2003, Kyiv], Kiev; 2003. P. 135–138. (in Ukrainian)
5. Nastanova z fizichnoi pidgotovki u Zbrojnikh Silakh Ukraini (NFP-2014) [Instructions on physical training in Military Forces of Ukraine (IPT-2014)], Kiev: Ministry of Defence Ukraine; 2014. (in Ukrainian)
6. Ol'hoviy OM, Korchagin MV, Krasota VM. The influence of military-professional activity on physical preparedness, development, bodily and functional conditions of servicemen-operators. Pedagogics, Psychology, Medical-Biological Problems of Physical Training and Sports, 2010;12:89-93.
7. Romanchuk SV, Starchuk OO, Taran VS, Boyarchuk OM, Radkevych OM, Gusak AD. Features of physical training of Armed Forces of Ukraine for different military specialties. Pedagogics, Psychology, Medical-Biological Problems of Physical Training and Sports, 2008;5:117–120.
8. Romanchuk SV, Boyarchuk AM, Romanchuk VN. Existent state and prospective directions of physical training improvement in Land Forces. Pedagogics, Psychology, Medical-Biological Problems of Physical Training and Sports, 2010;12:125–128.
9. Romanchuk SV, Iavors'kij AI. Fizichna pidgotovlenist' studentiv, iaki navchaiut'sia za programoiu pidgotovki oficeriv zapasu [Physical fitness of students, who are trained by program of military reserve officers]. Sportivna nauka Ukraini, 2014;6(64):8-11. (in Ukrainian)
10. Romanchuk SV, Iavors'kij AI. Analiz fizichnoi pidgotovlenosti oficeriv zapasu, prizvanikh na vijs'kovu sluzhbu u Zbrojni Sili Ukraini [Analysis of military officers’, called up to Military Forces of Ukraine from reserve, physical fitness]. Moloda sportivna nauka Ukraini, 2015;19(2):325-329. (in Ukrainian)
11. Fedak SS, Sevidova GO. Weightlifting exercises as means of developing physical training of military personnel. . Pedagogics, Psychology, Medical-Biological Problems of Physical Training and Sports, 2010;5:59-163.
12. Shlyamar IL, Yaworsky AI, Romanchuk SV, Petruk AP, Dzyama VV, Romaniv IV, Vorontsov AS. Characteristics of physical loads endured by military officers of mechanized troops during field maneuvres. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2015;9:57-63. http://dx.doi.org/10.15561/18189172.2015.0909.
13. Farrelly N. Discipline without democracy: military dominance in post-colonial Burma1. Australian Journal of International Affairs. 2013;67(3):312–326.
14. Harris JJ, Berry S. A Brief History of the Military Training of the Enlisted Mental Health Worker. Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment. 2013;23(6):800–811.
15. Lisowski VO, Mihuta РYu. Importance of coordination skills essential psychophysical demonstrated competencies as a military specialists. Physical Education of Students, 2013;6:38-42. doi:10.6084/m9.figshare.840501
16. MacGregor AJ, Tang JJ, Dougherty AL, Galarneau MR. Deployment-related injury and posttraumatic stress disorder in US military personnel. Injury. 2013;44(11):1458–1464.
17. Murnieks CY, Allen ST, Ferrante CJ. Combating the effects of turnover: Military lessons learned from project teams rebuilding Iraq. Business Horizons. 2011;54(5):481–491.
18. Sergienko YP, Andreianov AM. Models of professional readiness of students of higher military schools of the Armed Forces of Ukraine. Physical Education of Students, 2013;6:66-72. doi:10.6084/m9.figshare.840507
19. Walker D, Neighbors C, Walton T, Pierce A, Mbilinyi L, Kaysen D, et al. Spicing up the military: Use and effects of synthetic cannabis in substance abusing army personnel. Addictive Behaviors. 2014;39(7):1139–1144.
20. Wilson JN, Markey CN, Markey PM. Fitness correlates of obligatory versus health motives for exercise: An examination of men in the military. Psychology of Sport and Exercise. 2012;13(4):371–377.
Copyright Holder - Author(s).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms: more