Effectiveness of yoga-aerobic means’ application in physical education of primary school pupils
AbstractPurpose: to determine influence of health related technology on physical condition level of primary school pupils. Material: in the research two groups of first form pupils participated: control group (n=28) and experimental group (n=26). Level of children’s physical fitness was determined with the help of isolated motor tests. At home pupils fulfilled independently and with parents the learned at classes exercises for prophylaxis of posture disorders and for stretching. During fulfillment home tasks or other work in sitting position children were involved by parents in practicing of the worked out by us physical exercises’ breaks. Results: we observed rising of pupils’ physical fitness level: flexibility, ability to keep static balance, power endurance of back and abdomen muscles. To the highest extent yoga aerobic means influenced on flexibility and static balance indicators. Conclusions: when choosing physical exercises for short break in work we considered content of pupils’ learning functioning at definite lesson. All complexes of exercises are to be fulfilled reading texts of the worked out by us verses. It facilitates pupils to better memorize sequence of exercises’ fulfillment and gives emotional coloring to physical exercises.
View Counter: Abstract | 230 | times, Article PDF |
1. Brynzak SS, Burko SV. Improving athletic performance of basketball student team with the classical yoga exercises. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2013;10:3-6. http://dx.doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.775314
2. Bulatova MM, Usachov IuO. Suchasni fizkul'turno-ozdorovchi tekhnologii u fizichnomu vikhovanni [Modern physical culture health related technologies in physical education], Teoriia i metodika fizichnogo vikhovannia, 2012; 2: 320-350. (in Ukrainian)
3. Garkusha SV. Current trends in the health of children and young people in learning environments. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2013;10:7-11. http://dx.doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.775315
4. Iermolova VM, Ivanova LI, Derevianko VV. Navchaiemo graiuchis' [Teaching], Kiev; Letter LTD; 2012. (in Ukrainian)
5. Kolesnik VA. Izmenenie stabilometricheskikh pokazatelej u iunykh plovcov s narusheniiami osanki pod vliianiem korrigiruiushchikh kompleksov khatkha jogi [Change of stabilometric indicators of junior swimmers, who have posture disorders, under influence of correcting Hatha yoga complexes]. Slobozhans'kij naukovo-sportivnij visnik, 2012; 2: 117–120. (in Ukrainian)
6. Krucevich TIu, Vorbjov MI, Bezverkhnia GV. Kontrol' u fizichnomu vikhovanni ditej, pidlitkiv ta molodi [Control in physical education of children, adolescents and youth], Kiev; 2011 (in Ukrainian)
7. Mykhno LS. Zdorov’iaformuiuchia tekhnologiia fizichnogo vikhovannia molodshikh shkoliariv z vikoristanniam zasobiv joga-aerobiki [Health related technology of junior schoolchildren’s physical education with application of Yoga-aerobic means]. Sportivnij visnik Pridniprov’ia 2014;2:102-107. (in Ukrainian)
8. Mykhno LS. Ocinka deiakikh pokaznikiv fizichnogo zdorov’ia pershoklasnikiv [Assessment of some indicators of first form pupils’ physical health]. Slobozhans'kij naukovo-praktichnij visnik, 2015;1(45):91–94. http://dx.doi.org/10/15391/snsv/20151/017 (in Ukrainian)
9. Mykhno LS. Ocinka rivnia fizichnoi pidgotovlenosti suchasnikh pershoklasnikiv [Assessment of physical fitness of modern first form pupils], Fizichna kul'tura, sport ta zdorov’ia nacii, 2015; 19(1): 304–308. (in Ukrainian)
10. Moskalenko NV. Fizichne vikhovannia molodshikh shkoliariv [Physical education of junior schoolchildren], Dnepropetrovsk: Innovation; 2007. (in Ukrainian)
11. Pichurin VV. Psychological and psycho-physical training as a factor of personal anxiety at students. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2015;3:46-51. http://dx.doi.org/10.15561/18189172.2015.0307
12. Tolchieva GV. Ocinka psikhofiziologichnogo stanu studentok z dosvidom zaniat' khatkha-jogoiu [Assessment of psycho-physiological condition of girl students, who have experience in practicing of Hatha yoga]. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2011;11:128–131.
13. Iurchenko OIe. Khatkha-joga u fizichnij reabilitacii pri pochatkovikh stupeniakh ekzogennogo ozhirinnia [Hatha yoga in physical rehabilitation at initial stages of exogenous obesity]. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2010;12:163–165.
14. Baljinder Singh Bal. Effects of short term practice of bhastrika pranayama on metabolic fitness (metf) and bone integrity (BI). Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2015;7:72-78. http://dx.doi.org/10.15561/18189172.2015.0710
15. Carei TR, Fyfe-Johnson AL, Breuner CC, Brown MA. Randomized controlled clinical trial of yoga in the treatment of eating disorders. Journal of Adolescent Health, 2010;46(4):346–351. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2009.08.007
16. Dale LP, Mattison AM, Greening K, Galen G, Neace WP, Matacin ML. Yoga workshop impacts psychological functioning and mood of women with self-reported history of eating disorders. Eating Disorders: The Journal of Treatment and Prevention, 2009;17(5):422–434. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10640260903210222
17. Dwayne P Sheehan, Larry Katz. The effects of a daily, 6-week exergaming curriculum on balance in fourth grade children. Journal of Sport and Health Science. 2013;2:131–137.
18. Tilbrook HE, Hewitt CE, Aplin JD, Semlyen A, Trewhela A, Watt I, Torgerson DJ. Compliance effects in a randomised controlled trial of yoga for chronic low back pain: a methodological study. Physiotherapy, 2014;100(3):256–262.
19. Impett EA, Daubenmier JJ, & Hirschman AL. Minding the body: Yoga, embodiment, and well-being. Sexuality Research and Social Policy, 2006;3(4):39–48. http://dx.doi.org/10.1525/srsp.2006.3.4.39
20. Kanwaljeet Singh, Baljinder Singh Bal, Wilfred Vaz. The effect of suryanamaskar yogasana on muscular endurance and flexibility among intercollege yoginis. Journal of Physical Education and Sport, 2010;10:61–67.
21. Kathleen Diehl. A Program for Improving Health and Stress Management for Adolescents from Low-income Families: Integrating Behavioral Coping Skills, Nutrition Education and Yoga. Journal of Adolescent Health, 2014;54(2) 73-77. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2013.10.159
22. Neumark-Sztainer D, Eisenberg ME, Wall M, Loth KA. Yoga and Pilates: Associations with body image and disordered-eating behaviors in a population-based sample of young adults. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 2011;44(3):276–280. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/eat.20858
23. Neumark-Sztainer D, Wall M, Story M, Standish AR. Dieting and unhealthy weight control behaviors during adolescence: Do they predict changes in weight ten years later? Journal of Adolescent Health, 2012;50:80–86. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2011.05.010
24. Ross A., Friedmann, E., Bevans, M., & Thomas, S. (2013). National survey of yoga practitioners: Mental and physical health benefits. Complementary Therapies in Medicine, 21(4), 313–323. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ctim.2013.04.001 [CrossRef]
25. Zan Gao, Tao Zhang, David Stodde. Children's physical activity levels and psychological correlates in interactive dance versus aerobic dance. Journal of Sport and Health Science, 2013;2(2):146–151.
Copyright Holder - Author(s).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms: more