Tests and standards for express-control of physical fitness and health of middle school age pupils
AbstractIntroduction: to day, physical fitness testing often causes negative emotions in pupils. It results in sharp loss of pupils’ wish to fulfill physical exercises in free time and worsens their health. Possibility to assess health level is an important motivation factor for pupils’ passing physical tests. Objective testing system will form positive motivation for physical exercises’ practicing and will facilitate increase of pupils’ motor functioning. It will also facilitate optimization of their physical condition, improvement of physical fitness and strengthening of health. Material: we tested physical fitness level and made diagnosis of pupils’ functional state (10-15 years’ age; n=85) with the help of tool methodic. We also used regressive analysis. Results: the system of tests and standards for express-control over physical fitness and health of middle school age pupils has been worked out and substantiated. The system of tests envisages fulfillment of 4 exercises: back pressing ups on bench during 20 seconds; throwing and catching of ball with two hands from wall during 30 seconds; side bending; torso rising from lying position into sitting during 30 seconds. Integral indicator of pupils’ physical fitness and health correlates with functional state of organism’s leading systems. We worked out 5 levels’ scale for express-control over physical fitness and health of middle school age pupils. The system stipulates calculation of integrative indicator with the help of regression equation by results of 4 test exercises and calculation of one index. Conclusions: The system of tests and standards permits the following: to divide pupils into relatively uniform groups even at the beginning of academic year for successful reasonable physical load. The system also permits to determine standard and find what shall be strived for by a pupil in order to achieve optimal physical fitness and somatic state; to motivate relatively weakly trained pupils for testing and further their physical self-perfection.
View Counter: Abstract | 207 | times, Article PDF |
1. Bileckaia VV. Kharakteristika podkhodov k ocenke fizicheskoj podgotovlennosti shkol'nikov [Characteristic of approaches to pupils’ physical fitness assessment], Slobozhans'kij naukovo-sportivnij visnik, 2010;1: 9-12. (in Russian)
2. Vas'kov IuV. Problema vprovadzhennia rukhovikh testiv na urokakh fizichnoi kul'turi [Implementation of motor tests in physical culture lessons]. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2012;8: 9-13. (in Ukrainian)
3. Krucevich TIu. Ekspres-kontrol' fizichnoi pidgotovlenosti ditej ta pidlitkiv v umovakh fizkul'turno-ozdorovchikh zaniat' [Express-control of children’s and adolescents’ physical fitness in conditions of health related physical culture trainings]. Teoriia i metodika fizichnogo vikhovannia i sportu, 2007;1: 64-69. (in Ukrainian)
4. Peleshenko IM. Ociniuvannia rukhovikh zdibnostej uchniv za dopomogoiu kompleksnogo testuvannia v zagal'noosvitnikh navchal'nikh zakladakh [Assessment of pupils’ motor abilities with the help of complex testing in comprehensive educational establishments]. Slobozhans'kij naukovo-sportivnij visnik, 2010;2: 35-38. (in Ukrainian)
5. Malakhova ZhV. Kontrol' i korrekciia fizicheskogo sostoianiia studentov special'noj medicinskoj gruppy v uchebnom processe medicinskogo VUZa [Control and correction of special health group students’ physical condition in educational process of medical HEE]. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2009;10: 135-137.
6. Pal'chuk M. Kontrol' pokaznikiv fizichnogo rozvitku iak osnovnij faktor v sistemi upravlinnia fizichnim vikhovanniam shkoliariv [Control of physical condition indicators as main factor in system of pupils’ physical education management]. Moloda sportivna nauka Ukraini, 2012;2:145-149. (in Ukrainian)
7. Timoshina IN. Aktualizaciia preemstvennosti soderzhaniia i organizacii adaptivnogo fizicheskogo vospitaniia detej, podrostkov i uchashchejsia molodezhi v obrazovatel'nykh uchrezhdeniiakh. Cand. Diss. [Actualization of continuity of content and organization of children’s, adolescents’ and students’ adaptive physical education in educational establishments. Cand. Diss], Uljanovsk; 2007. (in Russian)
8. Sazhneva EV. Metodika kompleksnogo pedagogicheskogo kontrolia v processe fizicheskogo vospitaniia mladshikh shkol'nikov special'noj medicinskoj gruppy. Cand. Diss. [Methodic of complex pedagogic control in physical education of primary school pupils of special health group. Cand. Diss.], Volgograd; 2010. (in Russian)
9. Vrzhesnievs'kij II. Ocinka fizichnikh mozhlivostej studentiv u sistemi mediko-pedagogichnogo kontroliu u procesi fizichnogo vikhovannia special'nogo viddilennia vuzu. Cand. Diss. [Assessment of students’ physical potentials in system of medical-pedagogic control in the process of physical education at HEE special department. Cand. Diss.], Kiev; 2011. (in Ukrainian)
10. Bodnar I. Obgruntuvannia testiv i normativiv sistemi potochnogo kontroliu fizichnoi pidgotovlenosti i zdorov’ia uchniv seredn'ogo shkil'nogo viku [Substantiation of tests and standards of system for current control of middle school age pupils’ physical fitness and health]. Naukovo-pedagogichni problemi fizichnoi kul'turi, 2015;10(65): 31–35. (in Ukrainian)
11. Bodnar I, Kozhukh N. Testi j normativi dlia viznachennia rivnia fizichnoi pidgotovlenosti i zdorov’ia shkoliariv seredn'ogo shkil'nogo viku [Tests and standards for determination of middle school age pupils’ physical fitness and health levels], Sportivna nauka Ukraini, 2015;4(68): 9-17. (in Ukrainian)
12. Chuian EN, Biriukova EA, Ravaeva MIu. Kompleksnyj pokhod k ocenke funkcional'nogo sostoianiia organizma studentov [Complex approach to assessment of student organism’s functional state]. Uchenye zapiski Tavricheskogo nacional'nogo universiteta, 2008;21(60,1):123139. (in Russian)
13. Alfrey L, Gard M. A crack where the light gets in: a study of Health and Physical Education teachers’ perspectives on fitness testing as a context for learning about health. Asia-Pacific Journal of Health, Sport and Physical Education, 2014;5(1):3–18.
14. Bendiksen M, Williams CA, Hornstrup T, Clausen H, Kloppenborg J, Shumikhin D, et al. Heart rate response and fitness effects of various types of physical education for 8- to 9-year-old schoolchildren. European Journal of Sport Science, 2014;14(8):861–869.
15. Ceschia A, Giacomini S, Santarossa S, Rugo M, Salvadego D, Da Ponte A, et al. Deleterious effects of obesity on physical fitness in pre-pubertal children. European Journal of Sport Science, 2016;16(2):271–278.
16. Ingle L, Stephenson A, Sandercock GR. Physical activity profiles and selected muscular fitness variables in English schoolchildren: A north–south divide? European Journal of Sport Science, 2016;1:1–10.
17. Juha Habіb, Yurchenko AA, Sergіenko KN. Comparative analysis of foot support-spring indicators of primary school age children with weak eyesight in physical education process. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2016;20(2):59-65. doi:10.15561/18189172.2016.0209
18. Kashuba VO, Goncharova NN, Butenko HO. Effectiveness of health tourism application as the basis of health related recreational technology in primary school pupils’ physical education. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2016;20(2):19-25. doi:10.15561/18189172.2016.0203
19. Kovalenko YO, Boloban VN. Structural elements of construction of individual and group exercises’ competition compositions in calisthenics. Physical Education of Students, 2016;1:12-20. doi:10.15561/20755279.2016.0102
20. Peleshenko IN. Training-test module in the system of pedagogical control of physical fitness in lower grades. Pedagogics, psychology, medical-biological problems of physical training and sports, 2014;6:42-47. doi:10.6084/m9.figshare.1004093
21. Pop Cristiana Lucretia. Physical and health education facing the technology challenge. Physical Education of Students, 2016;20(2):45-49. doi:10.15561/20755279.2016.0207
22. Sandercock GRH, Ogunleye A, Voss C. Associations between showering behaviours following physical education, physical activity and fitness in English schoolchildren. European Journal of Sport Science, 2016;16(1):128–34.
23. Tambalis KD, Panagiotakos DB, Psarra G, Daskalakis S, Kavouras SA, Geladas N, et al. Physical fitness normative values for 6–18-year-old Greek boys and girls, using the empirical distribution and the lambda, mu, and sigma statistical method. European Journal of Sport Science, 2016;16(6):736–746.
24. Tereshchenko IA, Otsupok AP, Krupenya SV, Liauchuk TM, Boloban VN. Coordination training of sportsmen, specializing in sport kinds of gymnastic. Physical Education of Students, 2015;3:52-65. doi:10.15561/20755279.2015.0307
Copyright Holder - Author(s).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms: more