The methodical approach to determining the heterogeneity of cognitive function in preschool children requiring correction of speech impediments
AbstractIntroduction. It has been confirmed that children who suffer from speech impediments may experience difficulties in their cognitive activity, limitations in communication, asociality and sense detachment. It is also clear that these children require not only logopedic treatment, but also assistance in developing functions of their cognitive and mental activities. Aims. To identify the case of uniformity lack of cognitive and somatomental functions of 5-6 year old children with speech impediments in a group; to evaluate the method used for this research. Methods. Use estimates of major mental and cognitive activities by means of tests increases the difficulty. Scores from 1 to 10 were given. Such factors as movement coordination, musicality and body plasticity were taken into consideration too. StatSoft STATISTICA10.0. programme was used to run the statistical analysis. Results. The changes of the group with uniformity of physical, cognitive, somatomental and dance abilities were analysed and estimated at the beginning and at the end of the academic year. The results of the claster analysis have shown that the children managed to develop their cognitive and somatomental abilities. Also it was estimated that the level of uniformity has increased in the group. Conclusions. Having done the research we can state that with the help of cluster analysis children with speech impediments can be grouped according to their physical, cognitive, somatomental and dance abilities. With the help of the results of the claster analysis that notifies that the children managed to develop their cognitive and somatomental abilities, we can observe the positivie effects of the suggested dance-cognitive teaching elements in an educational programme.
View Counter: Abstract | 414 | times, Article PDF |
1. Vetlugina NO. Muzichnij rozvitok ditini [Musical development of child], Kiev, Soviet school; 1978. (in Ukrainian)
2. Vygotskij LS. Sobranie sochinenij [Collected works], Moscow: Pedagogy; 1984. (in Russian)
3. Zhukova NS, Mastiukova EM, Filicheva TB. Preodolenie obshchego nedorazvitiia rechi u doshkol'nikov [Coping of general speech deficit in pre-school age children], Ekaterinburg: ARD LTD; 1999. (in Russian)
4. Kaluzhna OM. Znachushchist' fizichnoi pidgotovki sportsmeniv-tanciuristiv na etapi poperedn'oi bazovoi pidgotovki [Significance of sportsmen-dancers’ physical training at stage of initial basic training]. Teoriia i metodika fizichnogo vikhovannia, 2010; 2: 12–16. (in Ukrainian)
5. Krucevich TIu, Bezverkhnia GV. Rekreaciia u fizichnij kul'turi riznikh grup naselennia [Recreation in physical culture of different population strata], Kiev: Olympic Literature; 2010. (in Ukrainian)
6. Mamajchuk II. Psikhokorrekcionnye tekhnologii dlia detej s problemami v razvitii [Psycho-correction technologies for children with problems in development], Sankt Petersburg: Speech; 2006. (in Russian)
7. Petrenko GK. Aktual'ni problemi rozvitku sportivnikh tanciv, iak zasobu fizichnogo vikhovannia i vidu sportu [Current issues of sport dances’ development as mean of physical education and kind of sports], Visnik Chernigivs'kogo derzhavnogo pedagogichnogo universitetu, 2006; 35: 296–298. (in Ukrainian)
8. Petrenko NB. Osobennosti fizicheskikh kachestv i kognitivnykh funkcij u detej doshkol'nogo vozrasta s rechevymi otkloneniiami [Peculiar features of physical qualities and cognitive functions of pre-school age children with speech disorders], Naukovij chasopis Nacional'nogo pedagogichnogo universitetu imeni M. P. Dragomanova, 2015; 15(57): 257-260 (in Russian)
9. Golovej LA, Rybalko EF. Praktikum po vozrastnoj psikhologii [Practicum on age psychology], Petersburg: Speech; 2002. (in Russian)
10. Sokal RR. Klaster-analiz i klassifikaciia: predposylki i osnovnye napravleniia [Cluster-analysis and classification: pre-conditions and main directions], Moscow; 1980. (in Russian)
11. Soronovich IM. Osobennosti kontrolia funkcional'noj podgotovlennosti v sportivnykh tancakh [Specificities of functional fitness control in sport dances], Naukovij chasopis Nacional'nogo pedagogichnogo universitetu im. M. P. Dragomanova, 2013;9(36):136–141. (in Russian)
12. Filatova IuO. Pedagogicheskaia model' korrekcii rechevogo i motornogo ritmov u detej s narusheniiami rechi [Pedagogic model of speech and motor rhythms’ correction in children with speech disorders], Nauka i shkola. 2015; 3: 114-123. (in Russian)
13. Filippov MM. Fiziologiia liudini [Physiology of man], Kiev: Publishing House Staff; 2013. (in Ukrainian)
14. Filippov MM. Psikhofiziologiia funkcional'nykh sostoianij [Psycho-physiology of functional states], Kiev, MAUP; 2006. (in Russian)
15. Adashevskiy VM, Iermakov SS, Firsova IuIu. Physical mathematical modelling of difficult elements of acrobatic rockand-roll. 2013; 3: 3-10.
16. Ainscow M. The education of children with special needs: barriers and opportunities in central and eastern Europe. Florence, Italy UNICEF; 1998.
17. Cook LS, Smagorinsky P. Learning, Culture and Social Interaction. 2014.
18. Dmitriev AA. Formation of Social and Personal Competences among Handicapped Children World Applied Sciences Journal–Education, Law, Economics, Language and Communication. 2013;27:74-78.
19. Dmitriev AA. Proprietary educational technology for making physically challenged children literate within a paradigm competence approach Life Science Journal. 2014;11:10-12.
20. John‐Steiner V., Mahn H. Sociocultural contexts for teaching and learning. Handbook of psychology; 2003.
21. Lvova AD, Kotliar IA. The Joint Play Senior Preschool Children with Atypical and Regulatory Development in the Inclusive Group of Kindergarten. Psychological Science and Education psyedu.ru, 2015;7(2):110–121.
22. Reddy GL, Sujathamalini J. Children With Disabilities: Awareness, Attitude And Competencies Of Teachers. Discovery: Publishing House; 2010.
Copyright Holder - Author(s).
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms: more